Daniel Amen- Unchain Your Brain: 10 Steps to Breaking the Addictions That Steal Your Life
Are you chained to your addiction to smoking? Drinking? Sugar? Drugs? Food? Prescription painkillers? Caffeine? Internet porn? Gambling? Sex?
When you are chained by an addiction, it can ruin your life, devastate your family, destroy your relationships, derail your career, lower your grades, and make you physically ill.
Do you want to break free from your addictions?
If so, you need to optimize your brain. The brain plays a central role in your vulnerability to addiction and your ability to recover. Brain dysfunction is the number one reason people fall victim to addiction, why they can’t break the chains of addiction, and why they relapse.
Unchain Your Brain: 10 Steps to Breaking the Addictions That Steal Your Life is a practical, easy-to-follow step-by-step program that shows you how to boost your brain so you can kick your bad habits. In this audiobook, you will discover:
- How addictions get stuck in your brain, how to get them unstuck, and how to find lasting motivation to change
- Why brain imaging changes everything, even if you never get a scan
- How to get the right evaluation to ensure that you can heal from your addictions
- The six different types of addictions based on brain types, why all addicts are not the same, and how to find the best treatment solutions for you based on your brain type
- Strategies to boost your brain to get control
- Ways to lock up the craving monster that steals your life
- Tips to eat right so you can think right and heal from your addiction
- How to kill the addiction ANTs that infest your brain and keep you in chains
- Ways to prevent relapse by following H-A-L-T plus brain science; and
- How hypnosis and meditation can help you unchain your brain, including a 12-minute meditation and a real hypnosis session done by Dr. Amen.