Andrew Harvey – Rumi and the Way of Passion
An unprecedented opportunity to discover the radiant gems of wisdom hidden within the beloved poetry and life of today’s most popular poet in order to birth yourself as a divine human and begin creating heaven on earth.
Prepare to awaken your depths, expand your mind, savor the nectar of your soul and be inspired to walk a path of sacred service.
It’s remarkable that — in an era fascinated with the newest and the latest — a 13th-century Sufi poet would become the most read and beloved poet in America.
Yet it’s no accident, because Jalaluddin Rumi’s mystical insights penetrate to the heart of our modern dilemmas in a way that even today’s greatest contemporary poets cannot match.
In the wake of Rumi’s grief over the loss of Shams, his beloved soul friend, he awoke into a sublime and timeless vision of the glory of creation as a manifestation of the Absolute. He became a great lover of God whose words speak to our soul in tender, unforgettable verse, even as we face a world filled with severe challenges and ever-present dangers.
An Initiation into Love
Rumi’s astounding poetry awakens in us the sacred recognition that through practice and adoration of the Beloved, we can merge our essence with the divine love, beauty and intelligence inherent in every atom of the universe.
Experiencing this magnificence in every fiber of our being can impel us to actively put love and justice into action to protect our world on every level — and empower us with the sacred energy we need to transcend our cultural history of exploitation and domination.
Rumi’s poetry carries an initiatory force that allows us to feel the grandeur of God, giving us essential nutrients for our spiritual journey. He is far from a sweetness-and-bliss mystic, though, for he dove straight into the heart of darkness and horror in search of healing and transcendence. Indeed, his grief was a birthing ground for the divine human within him.
Opening to an Alchemical Journey into a Sacred Life
In this 7-part course with Andrew Harvey, one of the world’s most renowned mystic scholars and a great lover of Rumi, you will be taken on a spiritual journey to the core of your being, using Rumi’s life and words as the gateway into a breathtaking new vision of your life, love itself and the Divine Beloved.
You’ll learn about the secret saga of Rumi’s transfiguration, his initiatory relationship with Shams, the horrific betrayal that followed, and the tender mystical relationship he experienced with Jesus.
You’ll learn the REAL story of what it took for one man to awaken and become a prophet for the ages — and how you can apply his experience to your own life through advanced mystical practices known to the adepts of the ages.
Over the journey, Andrew will take you in your depths through a kind of alchemical communion with Rumi and other key mystics who offer insights into the stages of initiation that you must pass through to birth the divine human in you.
You’ll understand our spiritual inheritance — and particularly the gifts of the Way of Passion — with a fresh new perspective. You’ll be initiated into an understanding of how the fusion of compassion and passion, equanimity and fire, tender love and sacred activism, can give rise to a sacred lifethat can transform the world.
During this fascinating journey, you’ll enter into the alchemy that shaped Rumi’s life and understand on a cellular level why his wisdom is so essential for navigating our times, as we pass through perilous challenges and a collective Dark Night while seeking to birth a new era of peace.
Rumi is Medicine for Today’s Challenges
The return of Rumi’s consciousness to the planet is not a coincidence. Andrew Harvey has become one of his leading interpreters, helping us understand Rumi’s deeper messages and how to apply them to our life and times.
Andrew believes that Rumi fused the soul force of Jesus, the philosophical intellect of Plato and the literary gifts of Shakespeare to create the ultimate expression of human-divine genius, thereby illuminating our own path forward.
In the course, you’ll also learn from profound Sufi, Christian, Jewish and Christian mystics whose insights parallel Rumi’s. You’ll weep. You’ll soar. You’ll be inspired to engage the challenges of our day. And you’ll celebrate the divine feast that we are given to savor in every moment.
A Profound Heart Teacher
If you have not heard Andrew Harvey before, he is a tsunami of love-wisdom, pouring forth his adoration for the Divine and his passion for the sacred marriage of mysticism and action. He beckons us into a state of rapture and deep appreciation for the splendor of the Universe while unflinchingly speaking truth about our delusions.
Andrew is well known as the author and editor of over 30 books and spiritual classics, including Rumi: The Way of Passion, The Essential Mystics and The Son of Man, but if you haven’t heard him speak, prepare to be amazed.
He’s become one of the most popular Shift Network faculty for a reason: his words are the medicine our souls need as we traverse a time of great trial on this planet.
Andrew believes the world is teetering on the brink of catastrophe, and that we need a spiritual path that goes beyond “love and light” to give us a roadmap for the transfiguration of our planet.
He recognizes that the deeper teachings of Rumi hold an essential key for our individual healing and collective awakening: they are the gateway into the sacred marriage of divine feminine and masculine, the portal for understanding the Dark Night, and the map to the alchemical journey in which we turn the lead of our fear and grief into the gold of spiritual awakening.
It’s time for the world to embrace a full-spectrum view of the spiritual path, one that encompasses embodiment and transcendence, the awakened heart and fierce love in action. It is the surest path for addressing the urgent crises we now face.
This full-spectrum path IS the Way of Passion.
This is why we’re so excited to offer this groundbreaking 7-step online course with Andrew Harvey: Rumi & The Way of Passion.
You’ll emerge from this soul-replenishing program with a:
- More holistic vision of Sufism and the life of Rumi, as well as a deeper understanding of many kindred mystics
- Reunion of the sacred masculine and feminine within you
- Greater competence in navigating crises and the Dark Night of the spiritual path
- More open and generous heart
- Deeper understanding of embodiment, giving you the capacity to increasingly live as love
- Profound commitment to creating heaven on earth
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
Each teaching, contemplation and training session will build harmoniously upon the next so that you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to engage the Way of Passion with clarity, rigor and transformative power.
Module 1: Rumi’s Mystical Renaissance
The Vision of Divine Alchemy That Shaped Rumi’s Life & its Sacred Significance for Our Time
Andrew Harvey presents his vision of the electric importance of the Rumi renaissance in today’s world. For Andrew, Rumi is a voice of the divine human that’s struggling to be born in our era, and his work is returning in force to give us the energy, wisdom and passion we need to transform our world. Andrew gives an overview of Rumi’s amazing life, with special emphasis on the mysterious relationship with Shams that transformed him.
In this session, you’ll:
- Discover the sacred path that Rumi traversed, as well as his trials, heartbreak and eventual liberation into a radical state of divine rapture
- Examine the most influential people and events in Rumi’s short yet heroic life, culminating in his tumultuous relationship with Shams of Tabriz
- Explore Rumi’s path of divinization in the Beloved and what happens to a human being who truly becomes a living cell in the body of God
- Understand how the return of Rumi into the consciousness of our planet at this moment is not a coincidence and is vital for our individual and collective evolution
- Open to the fierce and gorgeous alchemy that Rumi underwent
- Allow the essence of Rumi’s wisdom to strip away falsehood and help you become more naked and transparent to the divine relationship
- Uncover the full spectrum of your divine identity and the ultimate expression of your human-divine genius
Sacred Practice: Shahada — the remembrance of the name of God
Featured Mystics: Rumi, St. John of the Cross, Rabia
Module 2: Uncovering the Full Spectrum of Your Divine Identity
Rumi’s Priceless Gift to Us
In this module, Andrew Harvey plunges into the transmission at the heart of Rumi’s poetry — that of the ecstasy and responsibility of divine identity. Andrew explores the two different aspects of the divine in Islamic mysticism — the Jamal, or tender side of God, and Jalal, the ferocious aspect of God — and shows how they dance together with exquisite realism in Rumi poetry. Special emphasis is placed on the Jalal aspect and on how it transforms the mystic into a warrior, a midwife of love and justice in the world.
In this session, you’ll:
- Awaken to the splendor, majesty, beauty and power of your nondual divine identity with the Beloved
- Experience the transformative practices that Rumi used to evoke the ecstatic rapture and splendor of divine intoxication
- Discover the mystical process to enact the great transformation we are called to initiate and undergo at this critical time in our history
- Explore the two essential, interconnected spiritual forces of Rumi’s mystical transformation:
- The Jamal aspect, which represents serenity, rapture, tenderness, peace and profound all-embracing compassion for all living things
- The Jalal aspect, which represents sacred passion, divine ferocity and clarity about the co-evolution of inner and outer that helps bring the law of God into our world
- Discover how the marriage of these two mystical forces (Jamal and Jalal) merge to birth the fully embodied divine human
- Understand more deeply how to walk the path of the peaceful revolutionary whose every deed is love in action
Sacred Practice: Allah from Sufi tradition, enabling an experience of transcendent origin
Featured Mystics: Rumi, Ibn-Arabi, Meister Eckhart
Module 3: Realizing the Glory of Creation
The Epiphany of Eternal Radiance
Andrew dives deep into the vision of the creation of a manifestation of the Beloved that burns at the heart of the Koran and of Rumi’s poetry. After exploring the influence of the Muslim scholar and philosopher, Ibn Arabi, on Rumi, Andrew shares texts of Rumi that awaken the awe and reverence at the wonder of creation that modern humanity desperately needs to experience if we are to preserve our world.
In this session, you’ll:
- Discover how Rumi awoke into the glory of creation as a manifestation of the attributes of the Absolute
- Experience Rumi’s personal sacred practice for exalted adoration of the Beloved
- Become initiated into what the universe truly is — an unendingly magnificent epiphany of the radiance of the eternal
- Wake up to the full majesty and splendor of yourself as one with the cosmos to incarnate divine love and justice into action on every level
- Empower yourself with the sacred energy you need to transform our cultural tendencies and history of unconsciousness, exploitation and domination
- Experience theophany — an eternal expansion into the grandeur of God and the manifestation of the attributes of the Divine… and how essential this is for human evolution
Sacred Practice: The Presence of the Beloved in Nature, a Sufi practice
Featured Mystics: Rumi, St. Francis, Moses Cordovero (Kabbalist), Shabestari (Sufi)
Module 4: Discovering the Web of Relationship That Is the Universe
The Sacred Science of Interconnection
Andrew describes the depth and richness of true oneness and the experience of radical relationship on all levels that it leads to. As Rumi makes clear, such an experience is born from death of the full self, and demands a capacity for absolute surrender to love. Andrew then offers us eight different categories of relationships in oneness illustrated from Rumi’s own life which reveal an inspiring vision of what divine human life can become. A special emphasis is placed on Rumi’s passionate love of animals and on how his example could inspire us today to forge a wholly new relationship with the animal world.
In this session, you’ll:
- Discover how Rumi was birthed into a sacred vision of the entire universe as a web of interconnected, ecstatic communion
- Understand how modern science and quantum physics are echoing Rumi’s sacred vision
- Experience the new global heart-mind that’s created from the marriage of the deepest perceptions of the mystics and the most radical revelations of science
- Awaken to the universe as a web of interconnecting, communing relationships, founded and fueled by divine love
- Explore the sacred principles and foundations of the emerging mysticism that’s being born on our planet at this time
Sacred Practice: Sacred Gazing, as practiced by Rumi and Shams, focused on realizing divine identity with another
Featured Mystics: Rumi, Max Planck, Albert Einstein, Father Bede Griffiths
Module 5: Uncovering the Wisdom of the Dark Night
For the Butterfly to Be Born the Caterpillar Must Perish
In this module, Andrew explores Rumi’s wisdom of the Dark Night in depth, even as our global crises deepen. Rumi’s wisdom about the way in which desecration can prepare the ground for new life is an essential foundation for renewed hope and sacred activism. No other teacher explores the Dark Night process as intensely, intimately or exuberantly as Rumi — and Andrew believes his witness offers us the most realistic source of radical inspiration for our time.
In this session, you’ll:
- Awaken to what all pioneers of divine embodiment discover: that the process of the divinization of the human (the “Birth”) necessarily passes through a great Death
- Discover the stages of this transformative death as it is understood in shamanic, Hindu, Mahayana and Christian traditions as the death of all the constructs of the separate self
- Understand why this process is essential in the unfolding of full awakening; and why it’s as excruciating and painful as it is redemptive and transfiguring
- Explore one of the greatest gifts of Rumi’s poetry: a full, naked and honest map of both the ordeals of this death as well as of the divine rapture and empowerment of the birth it follows
- Navigate Rumi’s map of transfiguration and its essential meaning and possibility for our contemporary crisis
- Receive Rumi’s powerful testimony, which is essential to enduring our global Dark Night and understanding how to hold on through faith and surrender so its ultimate truth can be realized
Sacred Practice: Surrendering to the Healing Power of the Dark, resulting in real physical surrender
Featured Mystics: Rumi, Jesus, St. John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Attar
Module 6: Opening to the Divine Passion of the Birth
Crossing the Threshold of the Holy Transfiguration
In this module, Andrew celebrates the wisdom and passion that are mystically infused throughout the Dark Night process. Rumi shows us that the diamond found in the ashes of the false self is the boundless energy of divine love. Andrew believes that accessing this passion with Rumi’s help and through our own discernment of the forces that block this passion in our world can keep us grounded in love and joy even in chaotic times. As Rumi wrote, “Let divine passion triumph and rebirth you in yourself.”
In this session, you’ll:
- Awaken to the enormous sacred passion that’s released like an atomic explosion from the death of the false self
- Become radically inspired and filled with the joy and power you need to help transform our planetary crisis into an opportunity for birthing a new world
- Understand Rumi’s explosion of passion that radiates throughout his work and how to awaken this passion in your own consciousness and life
- Become illuminated by its gorgeous flame, so that no defeats or ordeals can deter you from pouring your life out in service and love
- Understand the crucial testimony in Rumi’s work: he isn’t simply expressing enlightened consciousness, but a whole new level of creative passion (ishq )
- Explore the great poems in which this wisdom is infused, as a sign of the divine human, blazing with sacred energy at every level, wholly devoted to passion
Sacred Practice: Simplified Whirling Dervish practice that anyone can do
Featured Mystics: Rumi, Mirabai, Hadewijch of Antwerp (the Rumi of women mystics), Rabiah and Attar, Shams of Tabriz
Module 7: Understanding Christ & the Second Coming
Through Rumi’s Eyes
The Divine Human Unveiled
Andrew shares the map of the Second Coming he was given by his great teacher, Father Bede Griffiths, and shows how Rumi’s own mystical experience and interrelationship with Jesus makes him humanity’s most eloquent guide into its next evolutionary stage. Andrew shares a linked sequence of four of Rumi’s greatest poems in which the full richness of the birth of a new humanity can be savored and celebrated.
In this session, you’ll:
- Explore the great evolutionary plan for the Second Coming… the birth of divine humanity
- Review the intimate relationship Rumi had with Jesus and Christ Consciousness
- Experience one of the most potent ways that the Divine is waking us up to an unprecedented embodied divine birth
- Discover the profound parallels in how Rumi underwent the same transfiguring process that Jesus revealed
- Embrace the “Christ within” teaching, seeing that we all have within us the same potential for transcendence that Jesus and Rumi expressed
- Incarnate more completely in mind, heart, soul and body in order to become a force of sacred love in the world — the ultimate expression of the Way of Passion
Sacred Practice: Sacred Activism
Featured Mystics: Rumi, Jesus, Teilhard de Chardin, Father Bede Griffiths
Here’s What You’ll Receive
Seven 90-Minute Recorded Class Sessions With Andrew Harvey
Experience a rare opportunity to learn from one of the world’s leading spiritual teachers from the comfort of your own home. Each class session consists of Andrew’s lecture, helping you create the specific skills and abilities to awaken your spiritual potential, as well as Q&A.
Seven PDF Transcripts of Class Sessions
In addition to the high-quality MP3 audios, you’ll also receive the entire class transcription in PDF format. You can then review, print and highlight the most important insights and practices you were given.
Exercises and Questions for Each Lesson
After each lesson, you’ll have the option of completing related exercises, practice new tools and answer questions in order to accelerate your learning and integrate each lesson.
The Rumi & The Way of Passion Bonus Collection
- The Importance of Rumi for Islam & the World
Audio Dialogue With Charles Upton
- Andrew Harvey on Sacred Passion
Video Presentation From Andrew Harvey
- The Eternal Wine: Poems of Rumi for Our Time
Audio Recording From Andrew Harvey
An Unprecedented Opportunity to Ignite the Sacred Flame in Your Heart
We feel honored that Andrew Harvey has chosen to partner with The Shift Network to offer this exclusive online training. This is a rare opportunity to interact directly with a modern mystic and renowned scholar who draws from his own awakened heart, and connect with a global community of spiritual seekers who are doing this important and transformative work.
Through this powerful online format, you’ll not only save time and money on workshop costs (plus travel, accommodations and meals, which would cost thousands of dollars). But you’ll be able to benefit from Andrew’s incredible teachings and sacred practices from the comfort of your home — at your own pace!
If you are serious about deepening your spiritual life and embodiment of the Way of Passion, then you owe it to yourself, your loved ones and our world to take this one-of-a-kind training.
If you’re ready to take the next step on your powerful spiritual journey, click the register button below to reserve your space now.